Saturday, August 16, 2008

Pioneer Day Owie

Leo & I went to the Pioneer Day parade on the 24th of July. Claudia was at Girl Scout Camp, Caleb slept in, Michael was in Singapore, so it was just me and my baby boy with my next door neighbor Carolyn on her friend's porch right on the parade route. So, Leo, being a typical three-year-old, found a box to fall OFF of and construction staples to fall ON to -- the only debris on the entire porch, of course! (Proper English conversation with self: ...box off which to fall...staples on which to fall...???) I had to tote him about 8 blocks to the car so I could drive him up to Primary Children's Hospital. The ER was empty, so we got right in, and Dr. Eric and Dr. Soprano fixed us all up like new. Leo did great and hardly cried. The cut was shallow but long, so they used a skin adhesive product--glue, basically--instead of stitches, which Leo would have to have been sedated to receive. Leo got a big kick out of getting his bandage changed every day and walking around showing of his "owie." I took the pics with my cell phone, so they aren't the greatest...
-Before glue-
-After glue-
-All better-

7 comments:

Molly said...

OUch! That looks deep! Poor guy! See you tomorrow!

The BC Fam said...

ahhh! poor little guy! He looks like he handled it well, though!

Young Family said...

What a cutie pootie!! He will love to show off the scar too.

debbie said...

Now, THAT's a story I haven't heard. Do we really not talk that often!!!??? xoxo

Jme said...

I have been a little disconnected, but I'll do better...maybe! Sorry to read about the owie! Glad it wasn't any worse!

The Crew said...

OH MY GOSH UP DATE YOUR FREAKING BLOG!!!!!!!

The Crew said...

omg i was just about to tell u to udate but i guess i already did! u prob dont even read this!!!!